I am really, really lucky.
One of my favorite things there (which is a pretty major decision; it’s all amazing) is the Alabama white sauce. It’s incredible on Martin’s smoked wings, but it’s also incredible on turkey sandwiches, meatballs, you name it. Fortunately Pat Martin shared the recipe with Garden & Gun a while back, so I get to make it at home now, too. I scale it way down to 1/4 of his recipe (see below); you can see Pat’s original proportions here.
Alabama white sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Duke’s)
- 5 ounces cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt (heaping)
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper (heaping)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Stir it all together (I use a whisk), then store in a squeeze bottle or Mason jar
- Add to everything you can think of.