This is another one of those scribbled-on-a-piece-of-paper recipes. With a predicted high in Nashville of 96 degrees on Sunday, you’re gonna want to scribble it down as well — trust me.
- Two quart-size (I use the family size Luzianne bags)
- 1 1/2 quarts boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (48 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- Brew the tea bags and cinnamon stick in the boiling water for 15 minutes
- Remove and discard the tea bags and cinnamon stick; stir in sugar till it dissolves, then stir in remaining ingredients
- Serve with plenty of ice and enjoy!
i looove the fruit tea from calypso cafe – if this is anything like that, i’ll definitely be making this (+ drinking it by the gallon) soon!
Oh I forgot about their fruit tea! Calypso actually catered our wedding. SO good!
Fruit tea is so great in the summertime! Yours looks fantastic 🙂
Hi Erin ~ LOVING YOUR SITE! In making this fruit tea, when you say ‘Two quart-size’ ~ are you referring to 2 qt size TEA BAGS? Just making sure…sorry, I’ve a brain fart on this one!
Jude, I am loving your comments! 🙂 Yes — sorry, quart size tea bags. I think Luzianne calls them family size, Lipton says quart; either way, the bags that brew one quart of tea, not the ones that brew one cup. Make sense?
You will LOVE this tea! ZOMG addictive.
Made this, loooooved it! It reminds me so much of Calypso’s fruit tea, which is my favorite in town. I did omit the sugar because I like my fruit tea a bit more tart/citrusy + less sweet. Snapped some photos + it’ll be up on my blog tomorrow. Thank you for sharing the awesome recipe! =)
I’m glad you loved! I’ve heard it’s reminiscent of Bread & Co., too. Can’t wait to see yours!
Pingback: Southern Fruit Tea - Macaroni and Cheesecake
Can you use as a punch and add ginger ale to it? Having a bridal Tea.
That sounds great! I’d definitely give it a try.