I don’t know about y’all, but I’m always looking for more ways to sneak Ro-tel into my life. This is my latest method! It’s insanely quick and easy and quite tasty, if I do say so myself.
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 1 can Ro-tel
- 1 lb. sausage, browned and crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Cooking spray (like Pam)
- 1 can Ro-tel sauce (optional, but highly recommended)
- Essentially, make Ro-tel dip: heat the Velveeta and Ro-tel in a microwave or carefully-watched saucepan, then stir in browned sausage. That’s your filling! If you let it cool a bit it will thicken up and be easier to handle for filling the tortillas
- Briefly heat the flour tortillas in the microwave — about 10 seconds — wrapped in a wet paper towel so you can bend them without breaking them. Put about 1/4 cup of filling in each tortilla, roll, and put seam-side down in a sprayed baking dish
- Spray tops of burritos with cooking spray (this helps them crisp up in the oven), then top with shredded cheese and Ro-tel sauce
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and cheese on top is melted
And now for the question:
If you read OPK without the use of a reader, you may have noticed that I removed the advertisements from the blog. While there was nothing particularly terrible on the ads, they just weren’t always for food that I would use and I felt weird about that — implied endorsement and all.
I do get offers from time to time for companies wanting me to do a review/giveaway. A lot of these I skip over outright; if it’s not something I’m already using or would use anyway, it’s not going to show up here.
For those that I do or would use, though (like this recipe — I use and love Ro-tel, but this post is not sponsored by them in any way): how do you feel about reviews and giveaways? Fun to try to win something? Icky and you’d rather not see it?
The point of this blog, aside from having a place where my addled-brain self can find my recipes, is for y’all to enjoy and find something to cook, so I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
these sound gooooood! in terms of reviews/giveaways, i don’t hate ’em, but they’re not my favorite. i feel like a lot of them come across sort of sales-y, which is why i rarely do them anymore.
You’ve GOT to be kidding me. These look so freakin’ good for those nights you just want something sooo bad it’s good. Our favorite go-to cheesy party food is Hot Damn [Velveeta + Rotel + Jimmy Deans + Crockpot. Enjoy!]. This is totes happening next.
Ditto to Amy – I hate when the reviews/giveaways feel staged. If they come across from an organic/natural spot where it seems like you really do use those products in your normal every day life, I’m all for it!
I’ve made these twice since you posted them. Yum!
As far as reviews and giveaways….if it’s a product you actually use and enjoy, then why not share the love?