When I saw this recipe here I knew I had to give it a shot. And WOW is it good! And quick! I had supper on the table in 20 minutes, seriously; this is a fantastic weeknight meal.
You will need:
- 2-4 pork chops (I use bone-in when possible for better flavor)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Garlic, salt, or whatever seasoning moves you; I actually used lemon pepper and loved it
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. blue cheese/gorgonzola cheese
- Melt the butter in a pan (I used cast iron — shocker) and fry the pork chops till brown on both sides and at least 160 degrees inside
- Set the chops aside (I put them in the warming drawer in my oven)
- Pour in the cream and let it bubble up, and gently scrape up all the browned porky goodness from the pan so it all cooks together
- Sprinkle in the blue/gorgonzola cheese and let it melt
- Simmer this sauce, stirring nearly constantly, for at least five minutes or until it’s as thick as you like it — mine simmered more like 10 minutes and it was fabulous
And you’re done! I served it with lemon broccoli:
I made two pork chops, but a full recipe of gravy because I like it gravylicious.
The Yankee ate all of his and some of mine. We tried to get The Kiddo to eat a bite of broccoli, and told him they were trees. He then wanted to know if they were Christmas treees and therefore where the presents were. Parenting backfire.
But great supper! This is definitely staying in the rotation.
I made these a while ago hubby and I loved them!
Yum, I love blue cheese but have never tried it with pork chops, or in a gravy. I’m definitely going to have to give this a try!
Yum, blue cheese gravy sounds good.
Isn’t that so good! We love it!
Yes! And I can’t believe how fast it was! 🙂