We’re gearing up for the 4th of July! It’s especially fun this year because — get this — Kiddo has all kinds of foods that he likes now! He keeps trying something new and saying, “I CAN’T BELIEVE I’VE BEEN MISSING OUT ON THIS!” Top of that list? Peanut butter. He would now eat it all day every day if I let him, so he was excited to be my official taste tester for these little treats which I adapted from Momadvice.com. Verdict: thumbs up!
Peanut Butter Krispy Treats
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice krispies*
- sprinkles, if you so desire
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add in sugar and honey, stirring together; bring to a boil then remove the pan from the heat
- Stir in the peanut butter, cinnamon and salt till peanut butter is melted and everything is thoroughly combined
- Add in cereal and stir to coat
- Press into ungreased silicone muffin pans (Mickey Mouse optional) or greased square 8″ pan, press firmly, top with sprinkles and wait for treats to cool
I think you could pretty much make this with whatever cereal floats your boat, but the peanut butter sauce is so sweet that I wouldn’t pick a very sugary cereal — might be sugar overkill.