Fall is here! After a brutal summer in Nashville I’m welcoming fall comfort food with open arms. First up for us? This fantastic pork roast.
This marinates for at least 12 hours, so it’s great to get going the night before.
Bourbon marinated pork roast
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pork tenderloin
- Combine soy sauce through ground ginger in a large zip-top bag or a shallow container; carefully drop in pork and seal or cover and put in the fridge; let it sit at least 12 hours
- Preheat oven to 450F; remove pork and discard marinade; sprinkle pork with salt and place in dutch oven or on roasting rack, fat side up
- Roast at 450F for ten minutes, then 250F for another 50-80 minutes until a meat thermometer measures 160; let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing.