Kiddo’s Aunt Burgle came in town for her birthday this year. Party! We always make Krispy Kreme bread pudding when she’s here but I wanted to up the ante a bit with some chocolate and some icing, it being her birthday and all. Want to try it yourself? Break out your fat pants!
Krispy Kreme chocolate cake
- 18 chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme donuts (a bit stale if you can stand to let them sit around), cut into chunks
- Six eggs
- 2 cans condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- 7 Tbsp. butter
- 2 heaping Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 pound powdered sugar
- a Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a very large bowl thoroughly beat eggs and whisk in salt and condensed milk; stir in donut chunks and let sit for 15 minutes or so, stirring periodically
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan (or use an oil-plus-flour spray) and pour donut mixture in; bake for 45 minutes or until set
- Toward the end of cooking time make the icing: melt butter in a saucepan and stir in cocoa powder till completely combined; remove from heat and whisk in milk and vanilla, then powdered sugar; keep warm over low heat till needed
- Cool cake in pan for ten minutes, then turn onto a plate or rack; immediately pour still-hot icing over top
- Reconsider your ban on elastic waist pants
For serious. I feel the need to point out that this cake was shared by many, many people. 🙂
“Fat pants” LOL. I think the flower acts as a vacuum to suck up some of the calories, no?
Um, I know it isn’t legal in Tennessee, and well, my husband and the Yankee probably wouldn’t approve, but can we get married? If that doesn’t work, can I marry this cake?
Kira: you made me LOL for reals! 🙂
Holy crap! I think my a$$ just got bigger. This looks SPECTACULAR! Ok, enough…I’m going to do 400 crunches just for looking at this blog post. 🙂