This is, no kidding, Peanut’s new favorite lunch. And mine too! It’s one I found on Rumble in the Kitchen a while back, and I can’t believe how long it took me to try it! I’m on my third batch of it in as many weeks.
I doubled the spice level of mine because my heat tolerance is certifiable; otherwise I didn’t adapt it much. Any suggestions for other things to add to this to get some variety going?
Thai peanut noodles
- 1 box spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter*
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste (this makes it SPICY; use more like 1/2 tsp. if you don’t want a lot of heat, or substitute with cayenne pepper to taste)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta cooks, measure everything but the pasta water into a large serving bowl; mix till well combined (this will make a very thick sauce)
- When the pasta is done, add it along with 1/2 cup of the cooking water to the bowl and stir it all around till everything is well mixed and the noodles are coated
- Serve warm, or store in the fridge and eat it cold!
*That’s 128 grams of peanut butter, if you’re interested; scooping it into a bowl on a scale is easier than smooshing it into a measuring cup!
Add-in suggestions welcome! 🙂