Helloooooo, easiest breakfast ever!
My friend Vanessa gave me this recipe, and it’s insane levels of tasty and yummy.
Pop up pancake
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- Heat your oven to 425F
- Mix up the milk, flour, salt, and eggs until well combined — doing this in the blender is quick and easy
- Melt the butter in a medium cast iron skillet (or Vanessa does this in a glass Pyrex dish), then add the batter and pop it in the oven
- Bake until the pancake is golden brown and all puffed up, about 15 minutes or so
Other flavoring and fun options:
- Add vanilla or lemon zest to the batter
- Use orange juice instead of milk
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
What else? What would you do with it?
I would do all of those things and again, and then again some more. And then maybe a savory version? Top with shredded gruyere, caramelized onions. GAH. YUM!
Ooo, when I saw the pic I instantly had the urge to dust it with powdered sugar. Of course I’d have to add some kind of chocolate, too!