It’s been at least a week since I posted a recipe with Nutella! What am I thinking? I can stop anytime I want. Ahem.
This will shock you, but this is a ridiculously easy recipe; a riff on the also ridiculously easy shortbread two ways.
Nutella shortbread bites
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. Nutella
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (unsifted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour (unsifted)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Cream the butter until the color lightens, then cream in powdered sugar, then Nutella, then vanilla, then flour
- Knead briefly without adding any flour until dough is smooth (look for it to be a uniform color)
- Scoop dough by the teaspoon onto a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet — they’re fine just left as little rounds, no need to flatten them out
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until very lightly browned, then transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Eat as is, or dust with powdered sugar as below:
These are AWESOME with coffee. Or for breakfast. Or after supper. Or as a snack. Or, um, well you get the idea.