On a trip to Hilton Head Island the Yankee and I discovered this dish: guacamole topped with crab meat. This is a win. I set out to recreate it as soon as we got home, and I’m pretty pleased with the result! This is a huge party hit, too; I highly recommend.
- Two ripe avocados
- Two Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste, but about 1/2 tsp.
- Juice from one lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (or some onion powder if you hate the crunch of raw onion)
- Eight ounces lump crab meat, drained
- Chips (obviously)
- Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper, cumin, pepper, salt and lime juice, plus onion if you’re using it
- Top with crab meat and serve with chips
YUM! I love guacamole. As in, if I had to choose a last meal, there would most definitely be a giant bowl of guac involved. Love the idea of topping it with some lump crab!
I could really go for some guacamole right now! Never thought to put crab meat in it, I think its a great combination!!
i can vouch for the high yum factor of this guac! delish!
I’ve heard so many rave reviews, I really must try this! I must admit though, I always found my guacamole to be delicious to begin with!
I am not a fan of guacomole (or anything avocado, for that matter), but, I just had to say — that cookie monster video was awesome!