Just makes you want to reach for a glass of milk, doesn’t it?
These are classic, easy, ridiculously nom-worthy chocolate chip cookies from my very favorite cookbook. Get the oven heating!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup softened shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar — half brown, half white
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. chocolate chips (about 1 1/4 cups, or half a bag)
- Mix together butter, shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla till creamy, but not fluffy
- Sift together and stir in flour, soda, salt and mix in with wet ingredients
- Add in chocolate chips and stir
- Chill dough while oven is preheating to 375F
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, about 2″ apart
- Bake 8-10 minutes until they are just barely starting to brown — Betty says “delicately browned.” I love that
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then move to a rack to cool completely
Makes about 3 dozen 2″ cookies. And they don’t last long.