When I came across this recipe from Boy Meets Bowl it seemed simple and looked delicious, and I had kielbasa and potatoes on hand already. I prepped it all and put it in the fridge to make for my friend for supper.
I’ll spare you the details, but then there was a potato tragedy.
Fortunately, said friend had some red potatoes, and I had some bratwurst in the fridge. Supper was saved! V and I have now each made this an embarrassing number of times with varying combinations of kinds of potatoes and sausages and it is SO GOOD. I won’t name any names, but one of us might have eaten it cold in the car on the way home one day. Still good.
You must try it.
Oven roasted cheesy sausage and potatoes
- 6 medium/large red potatoes, chopped into 1″ pieces (or more — can’t have too many potatoes)
- 1 package kielbasa sliced into rounds
- 2 slices yellow onion, diced
- Olive oil or bacon grease
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Stir together potatoes and sausage in a 9×13 baking dish and drizzle with olive oil or melted bacon grease (or both — live a little)
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and paprika — just use your judgment here, no specific measurements
- Bake at 400 for about an hour, stirring around every 15 minutes or so, until everything is crispy and sizzling
- Serve covered in grated cheese