I’m pretty sure this is my new favorite recipe.
I was going through my bookshelves to see if I had any cookbooks I could live without (spoiler alert: I didn’t), and came across this one: Jack Daniel’s Spirit of Tennessee Cookbook.
This had belonged to my great aunt, and was signed to her from one of the authors, Lynne Tolley. It’s a treasure trove! I went looking for something involving sweet potatoes and found these, what they call sweet potato muffin delights.
They are SO GOOD, y’all. There isn’t a lot of flour, so the eggs and sweet potato make these so light and airy, and the flavors are great! Just a little hint of Jack, but not so much that you can’t respectably eat these for breakfast. 😉
JACKed sweet potato muffins
- 1 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole)
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1 1/4 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (microwave is fine here)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease or line 12 muffin cups
- Combine eggs, milk, Jack, sweet potatoes, and butter and mix well
- Put a wire strainer or sifter over the top of the bowl and add flour, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar; shake or press through until all the mixture is sifted into the bowl
- Mix until JUST combined, then spoon into prepared muffin cups
- Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar, then bake until a toothpick in the center comes out clean; the cookbook says 35-40 minutes but mine were done after 20, so don’t go far
Because I am positive that you all need to make these, this is a good time for you to try out my snazzy new ZipList functionality! You can save recipes from One Particular Kitchen (and all these amazing blogs), and create your shopping list as you do it! Just click on that “save recipe” button at the top of my recipes, or you can get to your ZipList recipe box or shopping list from my main menu. Let me know if you have any questions!
Also, let me know when you make these muffins, m’kay? Trust me.
A muffin with Jack? I am so sold!
Right? I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it myself!
Not gonna lie… they ARE.
These look great and I can’t wait to try them! I so need that cookbook. I love my Jack!! And as having it for breakfast…uh you know that has to happen during football season when we have to start tailgating at 8AM because of those stinkin’ noon games!!! 🙂
Oh tailgates!! That’s a great idea!
oh oh oh oh oh M G! this must be meant to be!!!! I baked a big fat sweet potato yesterday for no particular reason… and HERE’s this recipe. YES! today i am making this!!!!! thank you.
It’s FATE! Destiny!!
made THEM! two words…. honey butter…. photo’d and added your link to pins of my photos…. so good. (i told you i was going to make it. they photographed quite well 🙂
WOOHOO! And OMG honey butter!! Brilliant.