My friend Lissa and her family are in town this week! So fun! We’re all about sharing recipes with each other, and we’re both definitely drawn to ones that are quick and easy but over the top tasty. As soon as I saw her this week she said she had a new one for me: macaroni and cheese cooked in a pressure cooker in six minutes. SIX MINUTES. Speaking my language, girlfriend.
The recipe originates from this bookwhich may have found its way into my Amazon shopping cart. I added some frozen mixed vegetables to it because, hey, vegetables.
By the way, this Fagor Multi Cookeris the pressure cooker I have. I’ve had it since 2009 and use it several times a week — still going strong!
Pressure cooker macaroni and cheese
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces processed cheese (I used Velveeta)
- Add pasta, chicken stock, water, butter, Parmesan cheese, vegetables, salt, and pepper to pressure cooker
- Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for six minutes, then quick release
- Stir in cheddar and Velveeta until melty and creamy; let everything sit for five minutes before serving if you want it to thicken up a bit (I found it didn’t really need it)
Informal poll! How many of you have a pressure cooker? What’s your favorite thing to make in it?