As promised, another recipe from The Cousin! May I say that this pairs beautifully with margaritas? 🙂
We made two sheet pans of this to feed the assorted family we had collected at the house that night; The Cousin wrote down the recipe for one sheet pan for a more reasonable size.
- 2.5 cups dry polenta
- 9 cups milk
- 2-3 cups Parmesan cheese
- Brink milk to a boil (it is so, so likely to boil over so don’t walk away), and slowly add polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk then a wooden spoon as it gets thicker
- When mixture is starting to thicken stir in Parmesan cheese and salt; continue cooking, stirring fairly often until it is “uber thick” (so sayeth The Cousin)
- Spread onto greased sheet pan and cool uncovered in fridge until firm
- Top at will (see below) and bake at 400F until cheese is melted
- The Cousin recommends fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and fresh tomatoes. I totally concur
- Classic toppings like pepperoni, sausage, etc? Also good
- Sun dried tomatoes on pizza rock my world. I highly recommend
- Other than that? Go crazy! Let me know what you come up with
That looks really good and it’s open to a range of possibilities. I like to cook polenta in the oven with roasted vegetables, but I might try your pizza version one of this days. Thanks!
Oh. My. Gosh. I need to clean up my puddle of drool.
This looks and sounds ridiculously mouthwatering. I have a recent obsession with polenta, how have I not thought of this?!
Thank you for the inspiration!
I wouldn’t have thought of it myself! My cousin is brilliant. 🙂