It’s another LuLu Buffett recipe! This was every so slightly modified from LuLu’s Crazy Cheesy Queso Dip. I love it especially right now because the red and green peppers look all Christmasey. Aww!
Here’s what I used:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 pound Velveeta or other melty cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (white pepper if you have it)
- Salt to taste
To make the cheesy goodness:
- Slice cheese into 1″ chunks and put it and milk in top of double boiler, or in a large glass or metal bowl put over a pan of boiling water to start melting
- Finely dice onion and peppers in the food processor
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan and add diced veggies; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until veggies are soft
- When cheese/milk mixture is melted, stir in cooked veggies and add cumin, pepper and salt
- Serve immediately with chips, or keep warm in a crockpot for your fiesta
I am in love! MMMM Even better that it has ::scoff:: Velveeta in it!
This plus your infamous Salsa and I would be in heaven!
This looks dangerously delicious!
I’m always looking for good queso dips and this is definitely on my list to try!
Pingback: Superbowl 2010 » The Novice Chef Blog
I don’t bookmark sites but i will bookmark this! LOL!