Here in the South we love our Goo Goos. They’re made right here in Nashville, and lots of local folks have done lots of amazing things with them: Goo Goo Pie, anyone? I wanted to try my own hand at coming up with a recipe for them (although, good heavens they’re amazing just plain), and this is what I came up with! Goo Goo Cluster nachos are easy to make, and can be scaled up or down on the homemade scale as far as you want; I landed somewhere in the middle.
What else would you top these with? Any ideas?
For the record, this post is not in any way sponsored by Goo Goo; I just think they’re fabulous.
Goo Goo Cluster nachos
- 1/2 package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 Goo Goo Clusters (I used original, but any would be great!)
- Caramel sauce (I used homemade; any will do)
- Whipped cream
- Optional colored sugar or sprinkles for topping
- Slice puff pastry sheets into triangles and bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
- While the pastry is cooking, chop the Goo Goos and have them ready
- As soon as the pastry is done pull each one partially open and drop in a few pieces of chopped Goo Goo (this will make the Goo Goos melty and even more awesome), and put them all on a plate
- Drizzle with caramel sauce, then sprinkle with any remaining Goo Goo pieces
- Serve with whipped cream in a bowl for dipping