I was trying to get the kiddo to bed one day this week, and I was thinking about cinnamon rolls. Look, I’m not proud, but that’s what it was. Then I was thinking that it would behoove me to actually think about what to make for supper the next day instead. And then I was thinking that I had dough in the fridge that I should use.
And then I was thinking about pizza rolls.
So the next day, here’s what I took out:
- My icebox dough (you can also buy dough in the deli at Publix, which I love)
- Pizza sauce (pick your favorite)
- Pepperoni, chopped (or whatever toppings float your boat – but chopped so it’s easier to slice through)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Dental floss (but not for what you think)
From there it was easy!
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle
- Top with a thin layer of sauce — you don’t want things getting soggy
- Sprinkle with chopped pepperoni (etc.) and cheese
- Roll it up! I rolled from the short end because I didn’t need to end up with that many rolls — just the Yankee and I were eating
- Break out the dental floss and use it to cut the rolls: slide the floss under the roll, cross the ends over the top like you’re going to tie a knot, then pull them all the way through the dough so the floss is straight again; this slices it clean and keeps your rolls from getting flattened as you slice
- Place the rolls in an oiled casserole dish with the pretty sides showing (if you’re making these for a party and want them easier to handle individually bake them in a muffin tray instead)
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese
- Bake at 350F till the cheese on top is melty and bubbly
Omgosh, those look fantastic! Great idea!
YUM! Those really do look like savory cinnamon rolls! I love it! They look so flippin’ good…
I am once again in awe of your culinary giftedness!!
Now this is a great savory roll! Looks amazing and I’m going to have to try these savory rolls soon!
What a great idea! The dental floss is GENIUS! 🙂 Looks great!
T H I S I S I T!!!!!!!!
Great idea, my kids will love it!!!
I love pepperoni – these look delicious !!!
Brilliant! I’ll be including these in our Tuesday night pizza nights!
Pingback: Pizza rolls and flooding, oh my! « PANDAS AND CUPCAKES!
I love this idea!
love it. love it. cute idea, i am sooo making this sunday night once my boyfriend’s stupid parents finally leave!
Hee hee! Okay that’s funny. Good luck!
Oh those look yummy, my husband would so be loving me if I made those.
That’s bloody brilliant!!
This looks awesome! I am trying it ASAP!
Oh gosh what a good idea! These look fabulous. I’ve got to give these a try. My husband will love these too!
Pingback: pandasandcupcakes.com » Blog Archive » Pizza rolls and flooding, oh my!
I made these a couple weeks ago and they were awesome! The BF loves them and keeps asking when I’m going to make them again. He was so confused when I needed dental floss from the store, but now thinks it is the coolest trick in the kitchen ever! Love your recipes!
I know! “Oh, and I need dental floss for the main course.” HA! So glad you love them!
Pingback: Pizza Rolls! « Sallaboutme
Just made these tonight for dinner after thinking about them for weeks. Such a great idea! Super easy to make and oh my word they were so delicious. I was skeptical on the floss and almost didn’t try it. Glad I did, great tip!
The whole family is in love with these!! Awesome!! What a great football watching food!!!