Hi, it’s ridiculously simple week on One Particular Kitchen. Care to join me?
This dip calls for exactly four ingredients:
- A block of cream cheese
- A can of chili
- An 8 oz bag of shredded cheese
- A bag of chips
When my alma mater is losing playing, I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen! This is so quick and easy to throw together that I can serve a crowd (recipe is easily doubled) and keep everyone full without missing a Crompton interception play.
So here’s what you do:
- Using the foil from the package, press the cream cheese into the bottom of a pie plate or baking dish
- Pour over the chili (I use Vietti, or leftover homemade chili)
- Sprinkle on the cheese (I used colby jack; cheddar is also great)
- Bake at 350F till everything is melty and bubbly. Serve with chips!
Whatever you do, please do not use reduced fat sprinkling cheese — it just doesn’t melt right, and meltiness (uh, it’s a word) is a key trait of this dish.
Now. How easy is that?