I’ve been doing a bit of desperation cooking around One Particular Kitchen.
In the initial thick of things with the flood we were trying to stay out of the way, stay home, and leave the available gas, water (oh the irony), roads and groceries for those who needed them far more than we did.
We figured since life gave us limes, we’d make margaritas. And margaritas call for chips and dip! A quick inventory of the pantry revealed no Ro*tel. How is that possible? So I threw together this.
Chilpotle cheese dip
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chiles chilpotles
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- Pour can of tomatoes (undrained) into a large bowl
- Dice chilpotles and add to bowl
- Cut Velveeta into cubes and add to bowl
- Now melt this either in the microwave, stirring every minute or so, or by setting the bowl over a pan of boiling water, double-boiler style
- After it’s all melted either serve as-is or use an immersion blender (carefully! This stuff is hot) to make it totally smooth
- Serve with chips and mucho margaritas
Before I let you go make this, a note on my fair city: the water is going down. Nashville is open for business. We’d love to see you! Amazing things are happening here. The flood? We got this. Please come visit and see why I’m so proud to live here and why there’s no other place like this in the world. We are Nashville.