This was one of the prettiest dishes! We had a couple straggler peppers in the garden and some yummy skirt steak in the fridge. Add in some shrimp, some onions, some mojo sauce and a squeeze of lime, and life is good.
It was the weekend so the Yankee and I made this together. Into a large bowl we put:
- Thinly-sliced skirt steak (cut against the grain, not with it)
- Sliced red peppers
- Sliced green peppers
- Chopped jalapeños
- Enough mojo marinade to cover
- Shrimp in mojo marinade in a separate bowl
And let that sit a couple hours. Then you’re ready to cook!
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add about a tablespoon of oil
- Pour off most of the marinade (you don’t want things swimming in the skillet), then pour the meat/peppers mix into the skillet
- Cook and stir until meat is almost cooked and vegetables are starting to get tender
- Add in shrimp (you’re doing this last so it won’t overcook) and continue to cook the whole mix until everything is done
- Squeeze a lime over the whole thing and eat up! Serve with homemade tortillas, mashed black beans and fire roasted salsa or salsa roja.
YUM! These look fabulous! I love steak fajitas – add shrimp that’s even better.