I found this recipe here and was immediately intrigued because it sounded like my favorite burger in the world, the Bob Burger. The Bob Burger there is also sometimes called the Island Burger depending on the day, the direction of the wind, the angle of the sun, and other issues I haven’t quite figured out. Regardless, it involves pineapple and a big ol’ burger and it’s awesome.
I am thrilled to report that this was so tasty! I think it would be even better with a couple strips of bacon across the top of the meatloaf while it cooks (I mean, most things would be better with a couple strips of bacon, amirite?), but even without that this was awesome. The Yankee is a non-lover of meatloaf, and even he liked it! It was great hot with the sauce, and it made an excellent cold meatloaf sandwich the next day. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice (or as much as you can get from the can)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Mix all ingredients together
- Bake at 350F for an hour and 15 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165
- Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan
- Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened; serve over meatloaf