On a trip to Hilton Head Island the Yankee and I discovered this dish: guacamole topped with crab meat. This is a win. I set out to recreate it as soon as we got home, and I’m pretty pleased with the result! This is a huge party hit, too; I highly recommend.
- Two ripe avocados
- Two Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste, but about 1/2 tsp.
- Juice from one lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (or some onion powder if you hate the crunch of raw onion)
- Eight ounces lump crab meat, drained
- Chips (obviously)
- Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper, cumin, pepper, salt and lime juice, plus onion if you’re using it
- Top with crab meat and serve with chips