It’s Lissa‘s birthday! Despite the fact that we’re a few states away from each other these days, I’m celebrating with her bourbon slushes. These are such a great hot-weather drink, and are easy to make for a crowd, something Lissa almost always has at her house. :) You should keep these in your freezer this summer!
- 2 tea bags
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 oz lemonade concentrate
- 6 oz orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- Steep the two tea bags in the 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- Stir in lemonade and orange juice concentrates, water, and bourbon to the tea in a freezer-safe container
- Freeze for 24 hours or so (it won’t freeze completely solid because of the bourbon), then use an ice cream scoop or sturdy spoon to scoop into glasses
- Top with 7-Up, stir and serve
What are other summer drinks you love??
Happy birthday, girlfriend!