Spicy black bean soup
This recipe was born of a sudden cold day, and the accompanying feeling that I MUST EAT SOUP TODAY. I was ready for fall; what can I say? Fortunately I had what I needed on hand (which was very little, honestly) to throw this together. It’s not super spicy, but has just enough kick to warm you up; the protein from the beans makes it deliciously filling.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans
- 1 can Ro-tel
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- Shredded cheese, hot sauce, tomatoes, sour cream, and or green onions for topping
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then saute the onion till it's nice and soft
- Add in beans (you can drain if you want, but either way is fine), Ro-tel, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chicken broth; stir well
- Let simmer for at least 20 minutes or so; you can serve as is or blend a little with an immersion blender, which is what I did. Top with whatever sounds good, and enjoy!
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved