Red and white pasta
I found this recipe on here via Pinterest. In fact, it’s all over Pinterest, as it should be! It’s great! I added some Italian sausage because we’re meat eaters around here, and I had some in the freezer anyway. This is great without being too spicy, and is so quick to throw together on a weeknight! I actually divided the mixture and froze half of it in a zip top bag — bonus, two meals for one prep! This is definitely worth adding to your rotation.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (24oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta for three minutes shorter than package al dente directions*; drain
- Stir Alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and cooked sausage together in a large bowl, then add cooked pasta and stir to coat
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish (I coated mine with olive oil for easier cleanup) and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until dish is bubbly; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
For cooking the pasta, if the package says "cook for 12 minutes for al dente" then cook for 9 minutes; you'll be baking it in the sauce, and mushy pasta is not your friend.
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
I’m never sure what to serve with pasta dishes besides the obvious garlic bread. What do y’all do? Would love your side dish suggestions!