Sweet potato bake
Kiddo is not really a huge fan of sweet potatoes (or many other vegetables), but he LOVES this. He calls it “the sweet potatoes with the eggs” and is almost guaranteed to eat it. Peanut loves it too, and this cooks up thick enough that I can cut it and give her little finger-food sized pieces. Honestly, I love it as well! I’ve yet to meet a sweet potato I didn’t like, but these are especially good.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp butter
- extra cinnamon sugar, optional
- Bake the sweet potatoes (or microwave!) till completely soft; discard the skin
- Use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes, then mix together with sugar, beaten eggs, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla
- Dot the top of the mixture with butter, and sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar if so desired
- Spoon into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned
After baking, I slice this like a pie and freeze the pieces individually; they warm up beautifully in the microwave and are a great way to add easy veggies to lunch!
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Of course sweet potatoes make me think: what is your stance on the mini marshmallows on sweet potatoes? Yay or nay?