Crockpot Italian Chicken
I have been wracking my brain (and my computer) trying to figure out the source for this recipe! I saw this Pin on Pinterest and thought it sounded great… but when I clicked through it went to a white cheddar chicken pasta recipe. While that also sounds fabulous, it’s not what I was looking for this time. I finally found the recipe, though, on The Girl Who Ate Everything. Yay!
I scaled down the recipe a bit because I had only two chicken breasts plus a couple tenderloins (what came in our CSA box), and tweaked the timing so the cream cheese wouldn’t cook to long and curdle. So I pulled together this:
- Two chicken breasts + 2 tenderloins
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- Cooked pasta or rice
- Put soup, chicken, and Italian seasoning in slow cooker and turn on low -- you'll want 4-6 hours of cooking time at least, but more is fine; I've never had anything overcook in the slow cooker
- About an hour before you're ready to eat, take the chicken out and cut it into chunks, then return it to the slow cooker; add in the cream cheese and cook everything together for another hour, then stir so it's all incorporated into thick sauce
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
This was so, so good, and is definitely going in our supper rotation!
Do y’all have any suggestions for more slow cooker meals for fall?