I have been wracking my brain (and my computer) trying to figure out the source for this recipe! I saw this Pin on Pinterest and thought it sounded great… but when I clicked through it went to a white cheddar chicken pasta recipe. While that also sounds fabulous, it’s not what I was looking for this time. I finally found the recipe, though, on The Girl Who Ate Everything. Yay!
I scaled down the recipe a bit because I had only two chicken breasts plus a couple tenderloins (what came in our CSA box), and tweaked the timing so the cream cheese wouldn’t cook to long and curdle. So I pulled together this:
Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Two chicken breasts + 2 tenderloins
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- Cooked pasta or rice
- Put soup, chicken, and Italian seasoning in slow cooker and turn on low — you’ll want 4-6 hours of cooking time at least, but more is fine; I’ve never had anything overcook in the slow cooker
- About an hour before you’re ready to eat, take the chicken out and cut it into chunks, then return it to the slow cooker; add in the cream cheese and cook everything together for another hour, then stir so it’s all incorporated into thick sauce
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice
This was so, so good, and is definitely going in our supper rotation!
Do y’all have any suggestions for more slow cooker meals for fall?