Traci’s tropical chicken
I’m kind of a crazy woman right now with a teething baby and homeschooling Kiddo, so I’m going on the assumption that a yummy recipe with no picture is better than no recipe at all. Right??
My sweet friend Traci sent me this recipe — her favorite standby meal. She makes it straight-up BBQ served over mashed potatoes instead of rice, and it’s her favorite comfort food. Heaven forbid I leave a recipe alone, of course, so I tweaked it a bit and came up with this. It is SO FREAKING GOOD. You must make it.
- 4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- pineapple rings
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9X13 glass baking dish and place chicken breasts in the dish
- Whisk together BBQ sauce, sugar, chili powder and a pinch each of salt and pepper; pour over the chicken, then top with pineapple rings
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until chicken registers at least 165 degrees. BE CAREFUL pulling the pan out of the oven because, as Traci says, there will be lots of sweet, delicious, sploshy sauce. I love that!
- When the chicken has about 20 minutes left to cook, stir together rice and pineapple juice and add in the 1 Tbsp. of butter; cook either in a rice cooker or in a pot on the stove. We're using pineapple juice INSTEAD of water here -- do not also add water to it
- When everything is done, serve chicken over rice, then spoon some of the sauce over the whole thing
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
It is heavenly.