This recipe has kind of made the rounds on the internet but I hadn’t gotten a chance to try it until this week. I followed Steamy Kitchen’s version because she’s never steered me wrong.
- One can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- Olive oil — about 2 Tbsp, but you’re drizzling it on so that’s approximate
- Salt and cinnamon (or whatever spices sound good to you; see below)
- Drain the beans and let them sit on a paper towel lined cookie sheet to dry while your oven preheats to 400F
- Discard the paper towels, then drizzle on olive oil, shaking the beans around so they’re well coated
- Sprinkle with salt (I find they needed a pretty good amount), then roast in the oven until they’re crunchy — around 40-45 minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and shake on whatever spices you chose; I used cinnamon, but I hear cajun spices are good too
Once they’re cool enough to handle, go crazy! I like them warm or cooled; store at room temp.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! :)
I get a lot of my recipes off the internet, AND my kids help me in the kitchen; this makes my iPad and my Pong case a perfect kitchen setup for me. I actually approached Pong myself about this giveaway because I’m such a fan of their products; I’ve been using one of their iPhone cases forever. They explain the features of this case better than I could (can you say decreased radiation, increased singnal?) so be sure to check out the info about it.
Because of their awesomeness, Pong sent an iPad case for me, and they’re giving one to one of you! All you have to do is comment here before Sunday July 15 at midnight central time and tell me: what’s your favorite source for recipes? I’ll select a winner via random.org, and Pong will send the iPad case directly to you; you’ll just need to let me know if you want the Wi-Fi only or the Wi-Fi + 4G Case.
We have a winner!
Comment #2 is from Nashville’s own Erin of Erin’s Food Files. Congrats! Just email me your address and what kind of iPad you have and Pong will have your new case on the way!