I should tell you how carefully I planned this recipe.
I should tell you how I planned for substituting Wheaties for half the oats in an effort to enhance the texture, flavor, and nutrition of the recipe.
I should also tell you that the truth is I ran out of oats.
Regardless of how I arrived at this version, I do make it this way on purpose now and I eat it with my lazy yogurt every single morning. And even the Kiddo loves it. That’s kind of a miracle, folks. It’s based on the recipe from Creative Kitchen because she didn’t use seeds in her recipe; she’s speaking my language.
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (the real stuff, not "pancake syrup")
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups Wheaties cereal
- 1 cup Craisins or raisins (optional, obviously)
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Melt butter and honey or maple syrup in a saucepan, then stir in remaining ingredients, making sure everything is well coated with the butter mixture
- Spread on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the oats are golden brown
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 20 minutes, then scrape in long strokes with a spatula to aid clumping. Store in a jar or zip top bag in the fridge
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved