Honey soy chicken
Y’all, I have somehow done it again. AGAIN I have a lovely camera lens that is now in two pieces. I don’t even know how, but I do know that iPhone photos of food aren’t quite the same. Better than nothing, though, right?
This is based on the Honey Roast Orange Chicken recipe from The Minimalist Cooks at Home by Mark Bittman. The Yankee and I both loved it!
- You will need:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (lower sodium kind is great)
- 1/2 cup honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine everything but chicken in a bowl and whisk to combine
- Lay chicken breasts in a single layer in a cast iron skillet or baking dish and spoon over about half the sauce
- Bake at 375F for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through, turning over halfway through cooking to keep it evenly coated in the sauce
- When chicken is done move it to a plate to rest, then pour remaining sauce into the skillet; cook uncovered on medium high until sauce reduces and thickens
- Slice chicken into strips (against the grain) and serve over rice and vegetables, using thickened sauce to finish it all off. So tasty!
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
This was so fast and easy. Let me know what you think!