Sweet breakfast polenta
I came across this recipe a while back at Joy the Baker. Comfort food for breakfast? I’m obviously in for that. And I like that it’s something a little different; not that breakfast casserole is anything to turn your nose at (duh), but it’s fun to shake things up every once in a while, right?
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Measure polenta into a small bowl and add 1 cup cold water; stir and set aside
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups cold water and 2 cups milk to a low boil; stir in salt, then slowly add the polenta/water mixture, whisking to keep the lumps away
- Simmer until the polenta is thickened, stirring frequently; this can take anywhere from 10-40 minutes depending on how coarse your polenta is, so keep an eye on it
- Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to thickened polenta, then serve topped with milk and an extra little bit of brown sugar (because, hey, why not?)
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Keep warm, kids!