You know… like bread pudding, but biscuits? And OH MAH GAH this is amazing. This may be the ultimate comfort food. And yet another recipe that tastes a million times better than it looks. ;)
See, my fabulous sister got me these books from Cades Cove, which is my most favorite place on earth. It’s home in every sense of the word. I’ve been picnicking at Carter-Shields as long as I can remember, and The Yankee and I love taking Kiddo there now to splash around and count “water spiders” down by the mill.
ANYHOO… the books. The books are Recipes, Remedies and Rumors from the Cades Cove Preservation Association. And they’re fantastic. Poison snake bite cure for dogs? In there. Squirrel dumplings? You bet. But also pork tenderloin, chicken and dumplings, fried potato cakes, you name it.
- And my new favorite: biscuit pudding! This is criminally easy:
- 5 cooked leftover biscuits, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- In a medium bowl beat 2 eggs, and add sugar, milk, nutmeg and vanilla and mix
- Crumble in biscuits and stir
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes
See what I’m saying? So easy. And so, so good.