I was trying to get the kiddo to bed one day this week, and I was thinking about cinnamon rolls. Look, I’m not proud, but that’s what it was. Then I was thinking that it would behoove me to actually think about what to make for supper the next day instead. And then I was thinking that I had dough in the fridge that I should use.
And then I was thinking about pizza rolls.
So the next day I got to work! You should too.
- Pizza dough (you can buy it ready in the deli at Publix, which I love)
- Pizza sauce (pick your favorite)
- Pepperoni, chopped (or whatever toppings float your boat - but chopped so it's easier to slice through)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Dental floss (but not for what you think)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle
- Top with a thin layer of sauce -- you don't want things getting soggy
- Sprinkle with chopped pepperoni (etc.) and cheese
- Roll it up! I rolled from the short end because I didn't need to end up with that many rolls -- just the Yankee and I were eating
- Break out the dental floss and use it to cut the rolls: slide the floss under the roll, cross the ends over the top like you're going to tie a knot, then pull them all the way through the dough so the floss is straight again; this slices it clean and keeps your rolls from getting flattened as you slice
- Place the rolls in an oiled casserole dish with the pretty sides showing (if you're making these for a party and want them easier to handle individually bake them in a muffin tray instead)
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese
- Bake at 350F till the cheese on top is melty and bubbly
Copyright One Particular Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Also be sure to check out yummy versions from Sallaboutme, So, How’s It Taste and Family Bites!